Following the death threat call, the Mumbai Police detained a 16-year-old boy from neighbouring Thane district in the matter.
According to news agency ANI, the Police Control Room (PCR) on Monday received a phone call from a man allegedly identified himself as Roki Bhai from Jodhpur in Rajasthan who threatened to kill Khan on April 30.
The police then started an investigation and tracked the number from which the call to Shahapur in Thane district, located 70 km from Mumbai, the official said. A team went to Shahapur and found a 16-year-old had made the phone call threatening to kill Khan. The teen boy hails from Rajasthan. The cops handed him over to the Azad Maidan police in Mumbai for further legal process.
“In a call received at Police Control Room yesterday, a man who identified himself as Roki Bhai from Rajasthan’s Jodhpur threatened to kill actor Salman Khan on April 30. Further investigation underway: Mumbai Police,” ANI tweeted.
« Back to recommendation stories
In a call received at Police Control Room yesterday, a man who identified himself as Roki Bhai from Rajasthan’s Jod… https://t.co/OaeoGXxMLN
— ANI (@ANI) 1681188175000
Since the last few months, the 57-year-old actor has been living under a state of fear as he and his family have been receiving numerous death threats. As reported by ETimes, the state of mind and environment surrounding the Bollywood star at his residence and his family is “quite serious”.
Friends and family members close to Khan are pretty shaken up with the death threats he has been receiving and are concerned for the actor’s safety.
The actor’s security has been beefed up while he has purchased a white bulletproof Nissan SUV in the midst of death threats from jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi.
“Everyone in Salman Khan’s family and his team are serious and very concerned about his safety. These new threats have shaken things up, but they also know that the police has responded well and is making sure that the security arrangements are appropriate,” a source told ETimes.
The actor has already been provided Y+ category security. Last month, the Mumbai police filed an FIR against Bishnoi, Goldy Brar and Mohit Garg for allegedly threatening the actor through an e-mail which was sent to his office.
Amidst death threats, the actor was recently spotted promoting his upcoming film ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’ at the trailer launch on Monday. The film, which also stars Pooja Hegde, is set to release on April 21.